Spring garden arrangements add needed color to your home and extend our spring flower enjoyment. Estabrook's has a large array of plants and containers to help put together one of these colorful delights!
Among the different items that can be part of your own early spring are colorful primrose, blooming spring bulbs, oxalis, baby tears, ferns, and "freshly mown" pots of cat grass.
Any of the items mentioned above can be combined into a charming spring windowsill vignette by following these simple instructions:
- Start by choosing that perfect pot or basket to arrange your spring garden or simply line up a whole row of cat grass, primrose, or a combination of the two in matching sized pots.
- Collect some sort of top dressing for the pots such as sheet moss or Spanish moss.
- Arrange your plants (in their plastic pots) in the container. It's also a good idea to use individual plastic saucers under the plants to avoid water spillage later on.
- Prop up the pots with soil or rocks, then fill or top with sheet or Spanish moss.
- A few combinations to try include:
- Dwarf daffodils, cat grass and moss-like baby tears
- Primrose, fern, and purple leaved oxalis
- Fragrant hyacinth, cat grass and green-leaved oxalis